Jun 18, 2006

So much for da code

I don't know about you but when I finished reading the "The DaVinci Code" I thought I had just finished reading a movie script. So, a million other readers and I weren't suprised when news came out that the book was being made into a movie. Personally, I was suprised Tom Hanks had been cast for the role of 'Robert Langdon' (the script described the leading man as a Dan Brown look-alike, if memory serves right).

Anyway, last night husband and I saw the movie for two different reasons. Husband, hadn't read the book, wanted to know what all the ruckus about the film is about (Greek church demonstrated outside cinemas on opening night) and I wanted to see how the movie script fared under the direction of Ron Howard.

We gave it a thumb up for Ian McKellen's appearance and I personally liked how Howard managed to intertwine the character's pasts with the present (i.e. Sophie's memories). Hanks was good choice. For those who've read the book no surprises.

.