Jul 23, 2006

Losing and regaining consciousness with a smile

Sunday morning. Back on my blogging saddle and chugging down water like there's no tomorrow. Apparently a lot of water is an order from my doctor and he makes it sound like a task... little does he know that I can drink up to 3 litres a day (not counting other fluids) without any trouble.

Thank you all for your kind words. The operation itself was indeed easy and very short (about 30 minutes) but the best part was the anesthesia. Oh, how I love the anesthesia. I had a nice smiling nurse wheel me down to the operating rooms and chatted with me. He congratulated me on how calm I was. The last words I remember hearing before I dozed off: "look at her... she's smiling". And an hour and half later, as my consciousness was trying to re-enter the surface of reality I heard him say "I don't believe it... she's waking up with a smile".

I was either seeing one heck of a dream or anaesthesia just makes me giddier than usual. Either way, best nap ever.

.