Apr 2, 2007

Still dizzy from the startdust

Visited the Planetarium yesterday.

Accompanying Husband and Daughter#2 teased me about my silly grin throughout the Black Hole show. I can't help it, I'm mesmerized by full dome digital projections. They make me feel so relaxed, so Zen.

There I am - minuscule, tiny, flyspeck of a being, floating among astral bodies, albeit digitally composed ones, trying to savvy the greatness that is universe. I am humbled by the wonder of supernovas and time-space quanta and trivialities of my mundane existence seem to magically fall into perspective again.

.

4 comments:

nuntius said...

I've been to the planitarium when i was really young but i am planning to do that again sometime. You motivate me more, thanx!

Flubberwinkle said...

Nuntius,

We go there often with the family (whenever new digital shows are up). You'll love it.

We wanted to see the "Genesis & Cataclysm" but it was booked on Sunday all day (which means it's probably VERY good). We are planning to go back next week and see this too.

They have a decent site and the entire program listings for your convenience.

Hope you enjoy as much as I do,
FW/A

V-Grrrl said...

I still remember going to the planetarium with my kindergarten class. Magic.

Snake (a Cambridge kind of guy) said...

It is pretty amazing when you think about where the atoms that make up us and our world come from.