Mar 3, 2006

My Month March

March, the start of spring, with a spitfire meteorological personality is undoubtedly my favourite month of the year. March is cold, then lukewarm and cold again; it is nature's temperature tease and we grin daydreaming about approaching summer holidays, outdoor cafes and concerts. March winds vary from breezy to whip mode, making the skies bluer. Blue is my Zen colour and clean air my preferred lung wont. March is good.

But, wait, there's more. Within a two week span I will be celebrating:

My wedding anniversary (March 5); the day I got hitched to my significant other, also introduced to the Internet as non-computer oriented, non-English speaking, train engineer hubby.

International Women's Day on March 8. My rights to roar as a woman and demand a better world for both sexes.

My birthday on March 16 or more commonly known in the obstetrician circle as "The how did that woman get a 13lb. baby outta there Day" and...

St. Patrick's Day on March 17 which brings back very fond memories as a former Chicagoan with a humongous soft spot for anything Irish.

Now, is this a fun-packed month or what? Yes, March is good, despite my turning 40 and waving bye-bye to my 30's. Doesn't matter. Blessed be the Irish and their spirits for these trying times!
Go mbeire muid beo ar an am seo arís!

.